Monday, July 20, 2009

week 2-Monday continued- No Info Is Not Good!

Today, I made a bunch of calls. I got some voice mails and left a message. Two people finally did answer their phone . Both did not see the presentation and could not even give any time to me. That is OK. At least I do know that they did know who I was and that it was the right phone number that they gave me. I just called at a bad time for them.
I did get in touch with one of my teenagers. He plays the guitar. I had mentioned to him that I want to get a bunch of kids to learn the song who play instruments and sing for a fund raiser for the homeless. He is very interested. He has been doing various fundraisers the past 3 years. And of couse I told him to listen to Lana. He said he won't have use of a computer until Wednesday.
I went to the beach today. Matter of fact, I made my calls while lounging on a beach chair. A cool breeze now and then, the sun, my bare feet in the sand and my 7-11 coffee! What a Life!
I really had a hard time today getting my contacts. I talked to many at the beach. I think I gave at least 25-40 invitations out. It seemed like more. Today I met the cautious! They listened, they talked,then they would not give me their info. I stayed till 6:30 got two contacts. 2 with phone number, just an email and name.
Time to change my game plan. So, I went shopping and bought milk for 1 hour and 15 min. I got 2 with no name or phone number just an email. The last one was a woman and her teen age kids. She was very excited, and so were the kids. I told them, I was looking for kids to be in a club. They will have their own business and will be making a difference too. The mom was really for it. She could not give me a time to call. She said that her schedule is crazy, to just give her a ring. And that was my day. She gave me her name, email, phone and address. Have a Great night!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tina,

    I so love your open-hearted approach of talking to people. As you connect with people all over, I know you're going to find the ones who will build with you. Way to go!

    Ginny

    ReplyDelete