Monday, July 20, 2009

Week 2-Monday! It is going to Be A Great One Too!

After the boot camp call I emailed my contacts from the weekend. Saturday, I was going to go to the beach, but my husband wanted to go to Yonkers raceway instead. So wen t went and went to the beach Sunday. I got 2 contacts each day. I could have gotten more. There was certainly enough people, but I was trying to relax too. I did find it kind of hard to approach people at the track. I did talk to at least 9 people 2 would only give me their info. The beach was a different story. I talked to 3 , 2 gave me contact info. I could have approached more, but my husband really wanted me to just relax.
My daughter is home today. She wants to go to the beach. I guess we will go. It is only about 3 miles away. My husband said to me yesterday, there are allot of the same people here. This is a great spot for you to get your contacts and meet the community. I said; I figured it would be. these are the TOWN beaches. Meet the town, and create a Together We Can Change the World town.
Everyday they have a band. I love to dance. I made a lot of friends yesterday. I know that I will see allot of these people again that I danced with. They come here often. Little by little I will share us with them.
I did blog Saturday about my calls. Nothing more to report on the follow-ups. This I think is the hardest part. When you do have an appointment upon meeting them, most of them forget. And if you do get in touch with them they did not see the presentation yet. You have to make sure you document everything. Especially when they are telling their why. Who they are, what they do,what would they like to do or accomplish. Creating a relationship with them will let them know that you are taking an interest in their lives. If you are not trying to contact your contacts, getting your contacts is a waste of time. Each one of them is someone who did give you their info. Trying 1 ,2 3 times to contact them maybe not enough. Things happen in life. Don't ever forget the ones you tried to contact and did not get anywhere with,even it is months, or more. You never know. That is why making good notes is important. I always put where I met them. Sometimes they cannot remember who you are when time lapsed too long. Good notes can help.
I will talk later. Have a Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment