Monday, July 27, 2009

wk3-Monday Halfway through the boot camp!

Hello Everyone!
I got up about 3am this morning. I could not sleep. I still don't feel good. And on top of it my hip is really giving me a pain in the X#@%! So I ended up setting my alarm for 10:30 for the 11:00 boot camp call and laid down at 9. I did not even hear my alarm. I woke up it was 11:20.

I got on the call then after tried to listen to the recording. I can't click on it and many others to listen. I also read all the blogs between Thursday and today from day 1 of their journey. The only one I can comment on is Tess's. Guys your doing a great job!
I printed out the local merchant mall presentation, made copies and stapled invitation cards to them. then printed out a few flyer's that the business would hand out to their customers and made a few copies and stapled my invites to them as well. I did the same with the solar oven and info on the certificates and samples. But, I just don't feel comfortable going up to people with that. I did give them to businesses today.

Yes, today I parked my car at Argyle lake. My daughter came with me so her dog can enjoy the park. I parked in front of the play ground and there was one mom and a nanny. Got 1 of them to give me their info. The other promised to look and call me.

I then saw this woman with a Macaw parrot on her shoulder. the parrot was wearing a harness with a leash and a diaper. The woman makes them herself. Really neat- to say the least. She was wearing a tee shirt for an organization she raises money for called parrot fanciers club. I said I have been looking for you. She was like huh? I then told her I am with a company that is in existence to to help non-profits. Then we started talking about her organization. She was excited. I told her that I was planning a fund raiser for my homeless shelter. She said she would love to be apart of it- and so would her parrot. She would dress the parrot up and charge people to take a picture with her. Donations would be for her cause and mine and the people she had met she would get the contact info for her mall. Problem is, when she can see the presentation. She has no computer. She will hopefully see it this weekend.
I then left my daughter and her dog and took a walk out of the park and into the village. I spoke to a couple of owners, but if I got the worker gave them the site for them to see and told them if you sign up and then the business likes this,I will put them in your team. I went to 3 restaurants, a golf store, a wellness store, a real estate office, deli.
When I got home I sat down put my report in. I got 11 contacts today. then I made my calls. I left several messages. Twins mom is always out or not able to come to the phone. I told her mom today, please have her call me. She is home with the kids and could be saving allot of money and making some money in the process. She kind of tried to say her daughter would not be interested. I then said, if she shops and she goes to her favorite supermarket or gas station and spends $100.00 a month in each she gets $50.00 back! We have much more. and that is just the tip of the ice berg! the mom said, OK, let me have your number. 2 people said they saw the presentation, but have to see it again and a few said they did not see it yet. I am making progress.OK 8:03 and i am late for boot camp call.Got to go!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a great job, hang in there it is going to work for you yet.

    ReplyDelete